White text on red
Credit card EXP. 70-71
Michigan Bank began to issue credit cards from around 1966 with a distinctive design of blue and red. They joined the Bank Americard group in around 1971, with a small logo of the original card design, which disappeared in the following card issue. Up till 1977, magstripes are not yet in use, but by the 1980’s with the VISA branding, magnetic stripes are in common use. Magnetic Stripes
Michigan National Bank was a bank founded in Lansing, Michigan, which was established on 31 December 1940. When Michigan banking laws were loosened allowing for bank holding companies, Stanford Stoddard founded Michigan National Corporation (MNC) in 1972. ABN AMRO together with National Australia Bank signed agreements of acquisition in 2000 and by 2001 Michigan Bank was no more.
For a general history of Credit cards in USA please see the article
The Credit Card